[dpdk-dev] queue to VF assigment in SR-IOV

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Tue Jun 7 22:49:37 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I implemented a program that uses flow director to forward packets to a
specific virtual function, however I faced the problem that I did not know
which queue belongs to a VF. I found in [1] that in the case of Intel
82599, queues 0-7 belongs to VF0, 8-15 to VF1 and so on, I tested it but it
did not work, using the trial and error method I found that queue 0 is in
VF0, queue 4 in VF1 and so on.

My question is: is there a standard way to know which queues belong to a
specific VF?

Thanks in advance

Mauricio V,

[1]