[dpdk-dev] random pkt generator PMD

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 14:24:16 CEST 2016

On 06/15/2016 03:14 PM, Yerden Zhumabekov wrote:

> On 15.06.2016 17:25, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>>> AFAIK, the thing about pcap pmd is that one needs to rewind pcap file
>>> once pcap pmd reaches its end. It requires additional (non-generic)
>>> handling in app code.
>>
>> So add a loop-mode to pcap pmd?
>
> It would be nice to have an option like "...,rewind=1,...".

As Cristian points out in
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-June/041589.html, the current pmd
behavior of stopping is the odd man out in the pmd crowd.

Rather than whether to rewind or not, I'd make the number of loops
configurable, defaulting to forever and 1 being the equal to current
behavior.

	- Panu -