[dpdk-dev] New driver (large patch) question.

Stephen Hurd stephen.hurd at broadcom.com
Wed Mar 2 22:30:09 CET 2016

The bulk of the patch is the hardware interface header file.  With all the
comments, it weighs in around 800k.  If I strip the comments, it's around
300k.  If I both strip all the comments and remove all the currently unused
structures, I can get the entire patch down just below 300k, but that makes
it much harder for someone to do further development.  I'm willing to do
that though if it's what's preferred.

The other large file (560k) is just a bunch of extra debug output that
makes it easier to debug issues.  It's normally not compiled, so it sounds
like it's not wanted either.

I'll submit without comments in the hardware interface file and take it
from there.

--
Stephen Hurd
Principal Engineer - Software Development
stephen.hurd at broadcom.com