[dpdk-dev] Fw: dpdk-armv7 - Build # 342 - Failure!

Sergio Gonzalez Monroy sergio.gonzalez.monroy at intel.com
Fri Mar 11 15:53:23 CET 2016

On 11/03/2016 13:33, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2016-03-11 11:47, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy:
>> On 11/03/2016 11:39, Jan Viktorin wrote:
>>> Hello Sergio,
>>>
>>> I've detected a build regression for the ARMv7. It seems to me the
>>> source of the problem is the following commit:
>>>
>>>    http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/commit/?id=d299106e8e31a622b3a1c1653f7795fa8a55860e
>>>
>>> The ipsec-secgw should be compiled only when LPM is enabled. See, eg.
>>> how the l3fwd-power example is done in examples/Makefile.
>> Right!
>>
>> Actually the app has dependencies on a few libraries, so I'll fix that.
> Please take the opportunity to move the crypto examples in the
> alphabetical order in this Makefile. Thanks

So the fix is easy enough but I'm really not a fan of cluttering the
examples/Makefile ifeq checks
which would only avoid building ipsec-secgw if doing:
$ make examples

but would still fail to build if doing something like:
$ make -C examples/ipsec-secgw

I reckon that there are other CONFIG_XXX combinations that would results
in failed builds.

So before sending the patch, this would be what we are getting:

examples/Makefile:
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_ACL),y)
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_HASH),y)
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_LPM),y)
DIRS-$(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_CRYPTODEV) += ipsec-secgw
+endif
+endif
+endif

Another way to achive this and also avoid building the app with 'make -C
...' is something like this:

examples/ipsec-secgw/Makefile:
+all:
+%:

+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_ACL),y)
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_HASH),y)
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_LPM),y)
+ifeq ($(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_CRYPTODEV),y)
include $(RTE_SDK)/mk/rte.extapp.mk
+endif
+endif
+endif
+endif

Anyway, none of those are the right fix, which I think should be
something along the lines of Kconfig.

Any preference?

Sergio