[dpdk-dev] Question on examples/multi_process app

Harish Patil harish.patil at qlogic.com
Thu Mar 24 07:52:57 CET 2016

Yes, at least with the our driver/firmware interface. The port/device
bring-up is carried out in a certain order which requires port config like
promisc mode is called after dev_start().

>> It complicates things for driver writers is all,
>
>Not sure how?
>All this replay is done at rte_ethdev layer.
>Honestly, so far I don't remember any complaint about promisc on/off.
>
>> and conflicts slightly with
>> what is stated in the docs.
>
>Update the docs? :)

Anyway, please let me know what you guys decide? If the app is changed
then nothing needs to done on driver side. Otherwise I have to think of
how to handle this.