[dpdk-dev] Ring PMD: why are stats counters atomic?

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Mon May 16 15:12:10 CEST 2016

Hello Bruce,

Although having this support does not harm anyone, I am not convinced that
it is useful, mainly because there exists the single-thread limitation in
other PMDs. Then, if an application has to use different kind of NICs (i.e,
different PMDs) it has to implement the locking strategies. On the other
hand, if an application  only uses rte_rings, it could just use the
rte_ring library.

Thanks, Mauricio V