[dpdk-dev] possible kni bug and proposed fix

ALeX Wang ee07b291 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:31:06 CEST 2016

Hi Ferruh,

Thx for pointing out the 'fill alloc_q with these mubfs _until it gets
full_.',

I saw the size of all queues are 'KNI_FIFO_COUNT_MAX (1024)'...
The corresponding memory required is more than what I specify as
'socket_mem' (since i'm using VM)...

Also, in my use case, I only `tcpreplay` through the kni interface, and
my application only do rx and then free the 'mbufs'.  So there is no tx at
all.

So, in my case, I still think this is a bug/defect, or somewhere i still
misunderstand,

P.S. The description here seems to be inverted,
http://dpdk.org/doc/api/rte__kni_8h.html#a0cdd727cdc227d005fef22c0189f3dfe
'rte_kni_rx_burst' does the 'It handles allocating the mbufs for KNI
interface alloc queue.'

Thanks,
Alex Wang,

--