[dpdk-dev] What is the status of mempool manager?

Jan Viktorin viktorin at rehivetech.com
Tue May 17 14:34:32 CEST 2016

Hello,

I was trying to find out the status of the mempool rework and found
this 36-pieces long patch set:

http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-April/037464.html

(I failed to apply it to 16.04, 2.1.0, current HEAD.)

and some bits around:

http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-May/038390.html
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-April/037509.html
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-April/037457.html
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-April/036979.html

...but I am confused.

I am trying to find out how to write a custom memory pool based on
the uio_dmem_genirq driver. It provides DMA memory via the UIO API
(maps).

If I have a PMD running of top of this UIO, I need to implement a
custom allocator that gets memory from the dev->mem_resource (with
the mappings preloaded from the UIO by EAL).

This is related to the SoC infra as given here:

http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-May/038486.html

Any idea how to start with this?

Regards
Jan

--
   Jan Viktorin                  E-mail: Viktorin at RehiveTech.com
   System Architect              Web:    www.RehiveTech.com