[dpdk-dev] Query on RSS Rule

Nishant Verma vnish11 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:29:02 CEST 2016

Hi Wenzhuo,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i am using ixgbe.

On software front, this is what i am doing.....

I am using DPDK 16.04 and pktgen 3.0.00

On my DPDK machine, i have configured RSS rule just for Destination IP
(172.10.10.2).

[image: rss]
<https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160737/2aa17d4e-16c9-11e6-9161-4178056176ca.png>

>From Pktgen when i changed *destination IP* as *172.10.10.2*, *proto *as
*ICMP*, and after that i tried command *ping4 0*
Packet reaches to correct queue in DPDK application.

But if i changed the source IP at packet gen (any IP other then
192.168.0.1), I am not getting packet at desired core on DPDK machine.

Here is my pktgen IP looks like.

[image: pktgen]
<https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160993/4f8920b6-16ca-11e6-9811-dbe8ac3f34f7.png>

If i revert my my source IP change, it again reached to correct core.

My port configuration is
"
[image: rss_conf]
<https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160996/557bdb80-16ca-11e6-9df4-52a7e504d4f7.png>