[dpdk-dev] Underlinked libs and overlinked applications - an issue?

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Fri May 20 18:43:37 CEST 2016

ok,
- little baby steps first
  I'll submit a trivial patch in reply to this fixing the underlinking in
all .so's, except librte_eal.

- discussion on the remaining open issue second.
  For the remaining issue I think that needs a special understanding of
linkers I still need to grasp.
  But since I failed to find a good explanation for the exact case we face
here I put it in a generalized form on StackOverflow so eventually more
than just us can benefit from the answer once/if we find an answer.

So to all of you - if you are not scared of the latter pages of ld/gcc man
pages :-) feel free to take a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37351699/how-to-create-both-so-files-for-two-circular-depending-libraries

For us, but not important for the question in general:
 liba = librte_eal, libb = librte_mempool
(and ring, ivshmem, but once it is solved once it is solved)

Time to stip for now, have a great Weekend
Christian

Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd