[dpdk-dev] Crashing OVS+DPDK at the host, from inside of a KVM Guest

Yuanhan Liu yuanhan.liu at linux.intel.com
Fri May 27 05:47:00 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 01:53:07PM +0000, Traynor, Kevin wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

Try backporting following 3 patches? It might/should fix your issues:

    a436f53 vhost: avoid dead loop chain
    c687b0b vhost: check for ring descriptors overflow
    623bc47 vhost: do sanity check for ring descriptor length

Note that it will not apply cleanly on top of v2.2, but it should
trivial to do backport, as they are simple changes.

	--yliu