[dpdk-dev] about memzone name size issue

Xu, HuilongX huilongx.xu at intel.com
Tue May 31 11:07:40 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I find a issue on link_bonding unit test case.

When I run model6 test case, will generate core dump error.
I debug it, find the error code in function:
rte_mempool_create_empty(const char *name, unsigned n, unsigned elt_size,
                unsigned cache_size, unsigned private_data_size,
                int socket_id, unsigned flags)
{
                ret = snprintf(mz_name, sizeof(mz_name), RTE_MEMPOOL_MZ_FORMAT, name);
                if (ret < 0 || ret >= (int)sizeof(mz_name)) {
                                rte_errno = ENAMETOOLONG;
                                goto exit_unlock;
                }
}
The memzone name size only 32 bytes, but the mz_name in link_bonding is bigger 32 bytes. Could we set memzone name size to 64 bytes ?
Thanks  a lot