[dpdk-dev] [RFC v2] Generic flow director/filtering/classification API

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Wed Nov 2 12:13:03 CET 2016

Hi Helin,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 07:19:18AM +0000, Zhang, Helin wrote:
> Hi Adrien
>
> Just a double check, do you have any update on the v1 patch set, as now it is the end of October?
> We are extremly eager to see the v1 patch set for development.
> I don't think we need full validation on the v1 patch set for API. It should be together with PMD and example application.
> If we can see the v1 API patch set earlier, we can help to validate it with our code changes. That's should be more efficient and helpful.
> Any comments on my personal understanding?
>
> Thank you very much for the hard work and kind helps!

I intend to send it shortly, likely this week. For the record, a large part
of this task was also dedicated to implement it on the client side (I've
just read Wei's RFC for a client-side application to which I will reply
separately), in order to validate it from a usability standpoint that led me
to make a few necessary adjustments to the API.

My next submission will include both the updated API with several changes
discussed on this ML and testpmd code (not a separate application) that uses
it. Just hang on a bit longer!

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND