[dpdk-dev] two different threads polls the same port, different queues, why the throughput is the same

张伟 zhangwqh at 126.com
Mon Nov 14 07:34:01 CET 2016

I do not have any lock/critical sections in my code.
I have logs to print out the core id, src port, dst port and queue id.  worker 0 runs on core 1,  run macswap very light, the throughput is 4.5Mpps. worker 1 runs on core2, is a load balancer heavy, the throughput is also 4.5Mpps. This does not make sense at all.

***thread core_id=1, src_port=0, dst_port=0, rx_queue_id=0, tx_queue_id=0

***thread core_id=2, src_port=0, dst_port=0, rx_queue_id=1, tx_queue_id=1

Core 0: Running stat thread

worker_id=0, core_id=1, pkt_rate=4418972

worker_id=1, core_id=2, pkt_rate=4419808

worker_id=0, core_id=1, pkt_rate=4631684

worker_id=1, core_id=2, pkt_rate=4632928