[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-announce] DPDK 16.11 released

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Tue Nov 15 10:05:56 CET 2016

Hi and thanks for sharing your time constraints,

2016-11-15 01:46, Liu, Yong:
> As prospect for 17.02, our intel validation team have some concern about the release date.
> The official day off for Chinese Sprint Festival holiday will be from 27th Jan to 3th Feb.
> Most of our members may ask for more days leave either before or after the official day off.
> From our previous experience, it will take 3~4 weeks to do the full function and performance test.
> If the first candidate release in the middle of Jan,
> we can do first round of validation and raise issues to developers.

The integration deadline is January 5.
So we can target/expect a RC1 on January 11.

> And after the holiday, we can keep on the validation process and finish in two weeks.
> If release date is after Feb, it will be hard for us to cover all cases in release window.

Yes, we must remind that mid-January is a hard deadline for RC1.
Then the release will be in mid-February to make sure you have some time
after the holidays.
What about Valentine's day? :)