[dpdk-dev] [opnfv-tech-discuss][apex][ovsnfv]Problem showed up with OVS/DPDK with Cisco VIC adapter

Thomas F Herbert therbert at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 22:35:04 CEST 2016

All:

This is not necessarily related to VPP but rather to OVS/DPDK.

In OPNFV we found the following problem when using UCS NIC.

The UCS fabric seems to set a VLAN tag on untagged packets.

Any thoughts from DPDK and VPP folks would be appreciated.

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-16.07/nics/enic.html

https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/APEX-333

It is currently deploying DPDK 16.04 and OVS 2.5.90

I could not find a user accessible setting to do this that would work.
The workaround for now we came up with is to set a flow in OVS to strip
the tag.

https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/23315/

Another solution is to set the nic to strip the vlan in rte eth code or
write a DPDK "app" to set the nic.

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides-16.07/nics/enic.html

--TFH

--