[dpdk-dev] Unable to change source MAC address of packet

Padam Jeet Singh padam.singh at inventum.net
Thu Oct 27 15:33:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am crafting a packet in which the source MAC address as set in the Ethernet header is different than the transmit port’s default MAC address. A packet capture of the packets coming out of this port however comes with source MAC address of the port’s default MAC address.

Altering the destination MAC address works fine and shows up correctly in packet capture.

The underlying network interface is an i210 and some logs added to the eth_igb_xmit_pkts function show that the packets I have crafted indeed are reaching the driver with the source MAC address set in the packet code of the application.

How can I disable this automatic source MAC address setting?

Thanks,
Padam