[dpdk-dev] Work with IP_PIPELINE application with non-supporting NIC

Nidhia Varghese nidhiavarghese93 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:03:19 CEST 2017

Hi,

Currently I am planning to develop a DPDK application using Packet
Framework. But I do not have a DPDK supported NIC.
I was able to run l2fwd application using AF_PACKET pmd. But when I tried
to run ip pipeline application using "--vdev=af_packet0,iface=eno2
--vdev=af_packet1,iface=eno3" I found that usage of --vdev argument is not
supported for ip pipeline applications.
In what way I can receive packets from a non-supporting NIC and give it to
the pipeline for processing?

Thank you so much for your reply and help.

Nidhia Varghese