[dpdk-dev] Integration of DPDK with a seperate application

Neil Horman nhorman at tuxdriver.com
Tue Apr 11 14:34:40 CEST 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 05:44:50PM +0530, reshma sarat wrote:
> Hi,
> In my application, I am making use of DPDK APIs for sending and receiving
> packets. I have now imported some of its header files of DPDK to my
> application. But on executing make command, an error such as
> :/rte_memory.h:83:2: error: #error "Unsupported cache line size"
>  is what I am getting. How to overcome this error?
> Regards,
> Reshma

I assume by exporting, you mean moving the header files to a location that is in
some way packagable with your application?

Don't do that.

the DPDK header files rely on their heirarchy to work properly.  You could move
the rte_config.h file, which is what you are missing in this case, to define the
proper cache line size for the system on which you are building, but the correct
solution is to independently install the DPDK on your devel system, and include
those dpdk header files with -I directives

Neil