[dpdk-dev] I350 jumbo frame transmission

Karthikraj palanichamy karthikraj.palanichamy at veryxtech.com
Wed Apr 12 14:51:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am using I350 card. The API rte_eth_dev_info_get() updated the
parameter 'max_rx_pktlen' in 'struct rte_eth_dev_info' as 16384.

But when I try transmission with multiple segments, I could not transmit
more than 9732 bytes.

I tried with testpmd and getting the same results.ie) couldn't transmit
more than 9732 using testpmd.

Is this a limitation or am I missing anything?

Note : I tried with X540 card. I got 'max_rx_pktlen' as 15387 and I
could transmit and receive upto 15387.

Thanks
Karthik

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be
contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message,
you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such
event,you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail.
It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the
official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the
company.