[dpdk-dev] OpenSSL Cryptodev PMD and openssl engine

Trahe, Fiona fiona.trahe at intel.com
Wed Apr 26 18:22:15 CEST 2017

Hi Srivathsan,

It might be possible to plug your openssl engine in below the openssl PMD,
but you would lose the advantage of offloading bursts to the hardware and
would add an extra translation layer on the data path so it
would likely not be a performant solution.
Can you clarify a little how you want to share the device? i.e.
is the other process using the device directly with openssl and is the DPDK process
for IPSec or is this also for ssl?