[dpdk-dev] DPDK qos support for 40G port

Kevin Yan Kevin.Yan at mavenir.com
Fri Aug 4 03:54:54 CEST 2017

Hi,
                I have  a question about dpdk qos feature, in rte_sched.h,
                /** Port configuration parameters. */
struct rte_sched_port_params {
                const char *name;                /**< String to be associated */
                int socket;                      /**< CPU socket ID */
                uint32_t rate;                   /**< Output port rate
                                                                                  * (measured in bytes per second) */
                uint32_t mtu;                    /**< Maximum Ethernet frame size
                                                                                  * (measured in bytes).
                                                                                  * Should not include the framing overhead. */
                uint32_t frame_overhead;         /**< Framing overhead per packet
                                                                                  * (measured in bytes) */
                uint32_t n_subports_per_port;    /**< Number of subports */
                uint32_t n_pipes_per_subport;    /**< Number of pipes per subport */
                uint16_t qsize[RTE_SCHED_TRAFFIC_CLASSES_PER_PIPE];
                /**< Packet queue size for each traffic class.
                * All queues within the same pipe traffic class have the same
                * size. Queues from different pipes serving the same traffic
                * class have the same size. */
                struct rte_sched_pipe_params *pipe_profiles;
                /**< Pipe profile table.
                * Every pipe is configured using one of the profiles from this table. */
                uint32_t n_pipe_profiles;        /**< Profiles in the pipe profile table */
#ifdef RTE_SCHED_RED
                struct rte_red_params red_params[RTE_SCHED_TRAFFIC_CLASSES_PER_PIPE][e_RTE_METER_COLORS]; /**< RED parameters */
#endif
};

                rate is type of uint32_t, but if physical port rate is 40G bit/s, which is 5G byte/s, 5G already exceed the max value of uint32_t, so I doult that 40G is not supported by dpdk qos lib, or any error of my understanding?

                Thanks and waiting for your reply!

BRs,
Kevin

Please Note: My email address is changing. Starting May 1st 2017 my email will solely be my Mavenir email firstname.lastname at mavenir.com. All other prior email accounts will become inactive. To ensure continuity, please send all emails to my Mavenir email ID which is currently active and available for use.

This e-mail message may contain confidential or proprietary information of Mavenir Systems, Inc. or its affiliates and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies in your control and contact us by e-mailing to security at mavenir.com. Thank You. This message contains the views of its author and may not necessarily reflect the views of Mavenir Systems, Inc. or its affiliates, who employ systems to monitor email messages, but make no representation that such messages are authorized, secure, uncompromised, or free from computer viruses, malware, or other defects.