[dpdk-dev] DPDK qos support for 40G port

Dumitrescu, Cristian cristian.dumitrescu at intel.com
Fri Aug 18 13:24:12 CEST 2017

Hi Kevin,

> Hi Cristian,
> Sorry to bother again, could you give suggestions/hints of code change to
> support single 40G port?  Because  in our setup, we will use single 40G port
> (Intel XL710) as the network interface.
>
> Or is there any workaround to bypass the limitation?(we are not willing to
> use 4*10G setup)
>
> Thanks.

Probably the easiest thing to do as workaround to support single port of 40GbE rate is to change the code so that each credit is equivalent to 2 bytes instead of one. This is likely to result in some scheduling accuracy loss, but it can be implemented relatively quickly while avoiding complex code changes.

Regards,
Cristian