[dpdk-dev] Why cuckoo based hashing in DPDK library?

Evgeny Agronsky evgeny.agronsky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 09:35:50 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm using dpdk lib for various purposes, lately I needed to use a hashmap
for a certain needs and the one I found as part of the library was cuckoo
hashing based hashmap, I'm just wondering is there any reason for cuckoo
hashing? I'm basicly asking because of it's poor performance under high
table loads(and uses 2 hash funcs). Why not Hopscotch Hashing for example
which performs much better under loads, utilizes the cache and works well
with universal hash functions? I'm simply curious, maybe you have some sort
of benchmarks.

Thanks,
Evgeny Agronsky