[dpdk-dev] buf->hash.rss always empty with i40e

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Mon Feb 6 13:25:59 CET 2017

Hi Tom,

> That also leave the question of how to HASH only on the IP tuple for TCP and UDP packets? The use case is that I want all packets from the
> same IP src/dst pair to be hashed to the same queue. This cannot be enforced with a complete hash on TCP/UDP fields.

That's for IPv4 only?
It was a while ago, when I looked at it, but as I remember you can achieve that by filling first 64 bits of RSS hash with some meaningful values,
and keeping remaining RSS bits as zeroes.
You probably can give it a quick try with testpmd.

There is a nice article about similar subject:
http://www.ndsl.kaist.edu/~kyoungsoo/papers/TR-symRSS.pdf

Konstantin