[dpdk-dev] Problem in configuring buffer size of a memory pool

Karthikraj palanichamy karthikraj.palanichamy at veryxtech.com
Thu Feb 9 07:38:54 CET 2017

Hi developers,

For /`rte_pktmbuf_pool_create()`, /I normally provide
RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE as the data room size.

I needed to change this dynamically based on the frame size to be
transmitted.
To transmit 80 bytes frames, I configured (80 +/RTE_PKTMBUF_HEADROOM/).
There was no problem and transmission was successful.

Then I will do `rte_mempool_free()` and create mem pool again whenever
needed.

So, my code flow is /create mempool -> transmit pkts -> free mempool/

When I do this for 3 to 5 times, I get segmentation fault in the
transmission API of the PMD. - 'eth_igb_xmit_pkts' for igb PMD and
'ixgbe_xmit_pkts_vec()' for ixgbe PMD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Karthik

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be
contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message,
you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such
event,you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail.
It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the
official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the
company.