[dpdk-dev] [RFC 0/8] mbuf: structure reorganization

Morten Brørup mb at smartsharesystems.com
Thu Feb 9 17:20:13 CET 2017

> From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces at dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Ananyev, Konstantin
>

> > The main changes are:
> > - change port and nb_segs to 16 bits
>
> Not that I am completely against it,
> but changing nb_segs to 16 bits seems like an overkill to me.
> I think we can keep and extra 8bits for something more useful in
> future.

If I recall correctly, this was discussed at DPDK Userspace: If mbuf->nb_segs is used for multicasting (or port flooding), it should have the same size as mbuf->port.

Someone please correct me if I'm mixing things up. The mbuf discussion is important!

Med venlig hilsen / kind regards
- Morten Brørup