[dpdk-dev] Does DPDK i40e driver support 'Toeplitz hash'

Wu, Jingjing jingjing.wu at intel.com
Fri Jan 13 03:27:29 CET 2017

Yes, it is supported.
For the configuration, you can refer to the implementation of command set_hash_global_config in testpmd example.

> > However, seemed that we hit the exact same issue as this:
> >
> >    Why only rx queue "0" can receive network packet by i40e NIC
> >    http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-July/022453.html

> > We are using the v16.11 release and would like to confirm if the issue
> > above has been address.  If so, could anyone post here how to configure?

Different requirement may require different configuration.
For example, you'd like to enable RSS on IP packets, you need to set

struct rte_eth_conf to be like
{
	.rxmode = {
		.mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_RSS,
	},
	.rx_adv_conf = {
		.rss_conf = {
			.rss_key = NULL,
			.rss_hf = ETH_RSS_IP,
		},
	},
};

This is also to be found in dpdk's examples, such like testpmd and l3fwd.

Thanks
Jingjing