[dpdk-dev] DPDK & github

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Wed Jul 5 23:48:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

Following community requests, the Linux Foundation tried to get
the ownership of the DPDK account on GitHub which was owned
by someone.
Good news, it worked:
	https://github.com/dpdk
Thanks Trishan for the help.

First of all, it is not planned to use GitHub and its pull request model,
as the main repository. It should be a read-only mirror.

If a pull request is created for https://github.com/dpdk/dpdk,
we should redirect to the mailing list as Linux do with a bot:
	https://github.com/ajdlinux/KernelPRBot/blob/master/message.md

We can discuss how to organize this account for related projects or
for user repositories. Other ideas are welcome.

Anticipating the discussion about a bug tracker, it was decided to use
Bugzilla and configure a workflow friendly with the mailing list.
As it is not available yet, we can also compare Bugzilla and GitHub.

Configuring the account for our needs may take time, especially during
a release period.
Thanks for your patience.