[dpdk-dev] 答复: [disscussion] mlx4 driver MLX4_PMD_TX_MP_CACHE default value

chenchanghu chenchanghu at huawei.com
Sat Jul 29 03:50:18 CEST 2017

Hi Adrien,
  Your suggestion is appreciated *very much*.
 1)  We can make sure the 5ms time spent is in  the function send_pending()/send_flush().
 The test code is below remarks:
 	gettimeofday(&start_time, NULL);
	err = txq->if_qp->send_pending
		(txq->qp,
		 addr,
		 length,
		 lkey,
		 send_flags);
	gettimeofday(&end_time, NULL);
	time_process(start_time, end_time, "txq->if_qp->send_pending");

	/* Ring QP doorbell. */
   	gettimeofday(&start_time, NULL);
  	err = txq->if_qp->send_flush(txq->qp);
        	gettimeofday(&end_time, NULL);
   	time_process(start_time, end_time, "txq->if_qp->send_flush");

2) The test function is the *small packet really executed*  which would not do segmentation. So it maybe not the reason .
3) The config CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX4_MAX_INLINE we used is 0. And it also maybe not the reason .
4) *We will Enable CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX4_DEBUG, and look for the message 'send_flush() failed with error ', maybe the send_flush function returned error.* It maybe the reason.
5) *We tested in VM, so the cpu is vcpu, and we didn't bind the vcpu threads to specific cpu core in the host machine,  so maybe the instance DPDK memory is spread across NUMA nodes. We will bind  the vcpu threads to one NUMA node and test is again.* It maybe the reason too.
Thanks very much again!