[dpdk-dev] [RFC] proposal of allowing personal/project repos on DPDK.org

Dumitrescu, Cristian cristian.dumitrescu at intel.com
Fri Jun 2 20:37:40 CEST 2017

> Why? Do you need to host a repo on dpdk.org to try a new idea?

Prototyping new DPDK-related ideas and sharing them with DPDK community, with some of them likely to eventually make their way into DPDK once accepted and mature enough.

> I am against adding some user repos in this list:
> 	http://dpdk.org/browse/
> I think the list of official repos must be kept light for good visibility.

We could have a single project called sandbox mentioned in this list; whoever interested, needs to drill down into this one?

> But we can imagine a forge for users at a different location like
> 	http://dpdk.org/users/
> However why not using another public forge for this need?

Easier to share DPDK related ideas on dpdk.org rather than other places.