[dpdk-dev] [RFCv2] service core concept

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Tue Jun 6 17:29:14 CEST 2017

Not sure I understood you here:
If the app don' plan to use any cores for services, it for sure will be able to call
rte_eal_mp_remote_launch() as before (no services running case).
>From other side, if the app would like to use services - it would need to specify
which service it wants to run, and for each service provide a coremask, even if
EAL already allocates service cores for it.
Or are you talking about the when EAL allocates service cores, and then
PMDs themselves (or EAL again) register their services on that cores?
That's probably possible, but how PMD would know which service core(s) it allowed to use?
Another EAL cmd-line parameter(s) or extension of existing '-w/--vdev' or something else?
Things might get over-complicated here - in theory there could be multiple PMDs,
each of them can have more than one service, running on multiple sets of cores, etc.
Konstantin