[dpdk-dev] Problem with MBUF pool allocation

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Jun 12 16:25:19 CEST 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 04:15:08PM +0200, Marco Varlese wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm seeing an error reported by the DPDK EAL when allocating the MBUF pools.
>
> The error is:
> "MBUF: error setting mempool handler"
>
> I have a multi-node NUMA system and I get the exact same error when trying to
> allocate the memory from the different nodes.
>
> The bootstrap parameters I use to reserve huge-pages are:
> "default_hugepagesz=1G hugepagesz=1G hugepages=32"
>
> If I check the available huge-pages in my systems they look Ok (see below).
> fromm:~/:[130]# cat /proc/meminfo
<snip>

> Any idea / help would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Marco

Hi Marco,

in recent releases the mempools are now based on different mempool
drivers, rather than just being a single mempool library. So if this is
a shared library build, you may need to pass in "-d /path/to/driver"
parameter to make sure the default mempool driver is picked up by the
EAL.

Regards,
/Bruce