[dpdk-dev] Project move under DPDK.org umbrella.

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Fri Jun 23 10:12:28 CEST 2017

Hi,

22/06/2017 23:58, Melik-Adamyan, Areg:
> Per our discussion within Intel, I am sending official request to DPDK community to include our cloud network function framework YANFF - https://www.github.com/intel-go/yanff to DPDK.org. As it is using DPDK underneath and provides higher level abstraction for enabling development of cloud network function in a native way, we hope that it will be good addition in enhancing DPDK community.
> Please let me know what are the steps and from our side I am ready to provide more detailed information.

It's good to see more and more projects using DPDK.

I think you should write a page in your project to explain what benefit
it brings to the application developper, compared to directly using DPDK.
>From what I read, I keep the words "framework" and "higher level" which
are not so informative in my opinion :)

About requesting an integration in dpdk.org, it must be approved by
the Technical Board and the Governing Board, as described in the charter:
	http://dpdk.org/about/charter

Anyway, it should be added in this page:
	http://dpdk.org/about/ecosystem