[dpdk-dev] Getting PF link status to DPDK-VF in case of SR-IOV

Dey, Souvik sodey at sonusnet.com
Tue Jun 27 20:06:25 CEST 2017

Hi Ferruh/Lu,
                I see that both of you have posted multiple patches in DPDK wrt IXGBE SR-IOV and PF to VF link status/ I am trying to use DPDK 16.11 and do see that it has the support of both pinging VF when PF link status changes and also VF support of mailbox msg when PF link is up/down. My question is that once the mailbox msg IXGBE_PF_CONTROL_MSG is received from the PF into the DPDK-VF is there any way to get the actual status of the link too as we get it in case of RTE_ETH_EVENT_INTR_LSC. I do understand that we need to reset the VF link whenever the link status change happens but along with that do we also need to reconfigure the vlans/mc_addrs configured on the PF from the VF ? As I am having kni interfaces mapped to the DPDK-VF it will be good to set the proper link status for them too if we can come to know about the PF status. Can you please suggest then best way of doing so ?
Also how dpdk bonding in ative backup mode will switch link, if port status of the PF is not known ?

Souvik