[dpdk-dev] Compiling DPDK 17.02 with a Busybox-based tar

Raphael Cohn raphael.cohn at stormmq.com
Tue Mar 14 15:20:52 CET 2017

Why it is surprising that I need to compile DPDK on a system Busybox?

I currently build DPDK both for my local Alpine Linux system (busybox)
using the system compiler, use busybox for my cross-tools toolchain, and
also use it in Libertine Linux. It means a system using DPDK can be much
more minimal. Likewise, Aboriginal Linux uses Busybox (and, shortly,
Toybox), for similar reasons. It also means users of my rust crate can work
in a wider range of systems than RHEL / Ubuntu.