[dpdk-dev] DPDK installation

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Mar 27 07:58:37 CEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:22 PM, De Lara Guarch, Pablo <
pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com> wrote:

> Looks like you don't have icc installed.
> Use the x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc instead:
>
> make install T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc

Ack to that,
and since there are more dependencies you might want to satisfy to can at
least get close very easily.
Since DPDK is in Ubuntu you can with one line get what we use to build it.

$ sudo apt-get build-dep dpdk

I say only "close" since this is what we used to build the version in the
respective release, e.g. dpdk 2.2 in xenial.
And also extra deps can depend on your config still.

P.S. ok, maybe a few more lines if you have not yet uncommented the deb-src
lines in /etc/apt/sources.list, but "apt-get build-dep" will tell you so if
needed.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server