[dpdk-dev] VMDq working but not VMDq+RSS with ixgbe

tom.barbette at ulg.ac.be tom.barbette at ulg.ac.be
Wed May 10 17:03:35 CEST 2017

Hi list,

I'm trying to use the ETH_MQ_RX_VMDQ_RSS mode. The vmdq example is working fine with VMDQ_ONLY, that is if I change the MAC address and VLAN of my crafted packets, the RX queue also changes according to the matching pool.

But if I change the mode to VMDQ_RSS, the packet always end up in the queues according to RSS like if I choosed ETH_MQ_RX_RSS as if VMDQ option was completely ignored.

Do I need to change something else (apart from setting keys and RSS stuffs?).

Thanks,
Tom