[dpdk-dev] "Port 0 is not present on the board" when building DPDK libraries as shared

Mastorakis, Spyridon spyridon.mastorakis at intel.com
Thu May 11 23:33:32 CEST 2017

Hi guys,

When I compile the DPDK libraries as shared (by modifying the base_config file) and try to run an application (e.g., l3fwd), I get an error that port 0 is not present on board.

I have cleaned the system several times (unbinded NICs, removed igb_uio and uio modules and hugepage mappings) and have configured everything again, but this does not resolve the issue. I am also not able to add a virtual device (specifically a virtual ring) when I compile as a shared library (no PMD drivers found).

When I compile the DPDK libraries as static though, everything works perfectly fine and I can run the DPDK applications and add virtual rings.

I have tried dpdk-17.02 and the latest stable dpdk version (16.11.1), but none of them seems to work.

Do you have any clue why this is happening?

Thank you in advance,
Spyros