[dpdk-dev] [RFC 17.08] flow_classify: add librte_flow_classify library

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Wed May 17 18:02:50 CEST 2017

On 5/17/2017 3:54 PM, Ananyev, Konstantin wrote:
> Hi Ferruh,
> Please see my comments/questions below.

Thanks for review.

> Thanks
> Konstantin

<...>

> I think it was discussed already, but I still wonder why rte_flow_item can't be used for that approach?

Missed this one:

Gaëtan also had same comment, copy-paste from other mail related to my
concerns using rte_flow:

"
rte_flow is to create flow rules in PMD level, but what this library
aims to collect flow information, independent from if underlying PMD
implemented rte_flow or not.

So issues with using rte_flow for this use case:
1- It may not be implemented for all PMDs (including virtual ones).
2- It may conflict with other rte_flow rules created by user.
3- It may not gather all information required. (I mean some actions
here, count like ones are easy but rte_flow may not be so flexible to
extract different metrics from flows)
"