[dpdk-dev] DPDK memory error check and offline bad pages

Jianjian Huo j.huo at alibaba-inc.com
Mon Nov 13 06:52:54 CET 2017

Anyone has any idea on this?
Can’t believe DPDK doesn’t support such an important feature. This is going to be a show stopper for real production system.

-Jianjian

On 11/7/17, 1:13 PM, "Jianjian Huo" <j.huo at alibaba-inc.com> wrote:

    Hi dpdk developers,

    I have a question regarding how DPDK memory module treats memory errors.

    In Linux kernel, it has mechanism (mcelog and EDAC) to monitor the memory controller and report correctable/uncorrectable memory errors. Using some configurations, if memory errors exceed threshold, system can offline bad memory pages and avoid applications to access/crash.
    Do we have similar mechanism in DPDK?

    Thanks,
    Jianjian