[dpdk-dev] [PATCH] eventdev: remove experimental label
jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com
Mon Oct 16 12:32:55 CEST 2017
The eventdev API was introduced in DPDK 17.05 release.
Since then it
- has been reviewed and iterated for 17.08, 17.11 releases
- three drivers were implemented using the API.
- introduced another subsystem like service core and ethdev-eventdev Rx
adapter APIs to abstract the difference between HW and SW
eventdev implementations in a transparent way.
- had extensive use by the app/test-eventdev/ and
I believe the API is now stable and the EXPERIMENTAL label
should be removed.
CC: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson at intel.com>
CC: Harry van Haaren <harry.van.haaren at intel.com>
CC: Gage Eads <gage.eads at intel.com>
CC: Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal at nxp.com>
CC: Nipun Gupta <nipun.gupta at nxp.com>
CC: Nikhil Rao <nikhil.rao at intel.com>
CC: Pavan Nikhilesh <pbhagavatula at caviumnetworks.com>
CC: Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net>
Signed-off-by: Jerin Jacob <jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com>
There are two more outstanding eventdev API changes. Please find below.
Please express if you have any concern in changing those APIs. I would
like to fix this API issue and remove experimental tag in v17.11,
if we all agree.
- evendev: fix inconsistency in event queue config
- remove rte_event_schedule() API and use service core infrastructure
MAINTAINERS | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/MAINTAINERS b/MAINTAINERS
index 2a58378b7..4a4be3a54 100644
@@ -262,7 +262,7 @@ F: lib/librte_cryptodev/
-Eventdev API - EXPERIMENTAL
M: Jerin Jacob <jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com>
More information about the dev