[dpdk-dev] Why cuckoo based hashing in DPDK library?

Andriy Berestovskyy aber at semihalf.com
Fri Sep 1 18:15:19 CEST 2017

Hey Evgeny,
Please see inline.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Evgeny Agronsky
<evgeny.agronsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm basicly asking because of it's poor performance under high

Well, it is not the academic cuckoo hash implementation, so the
performance is not that bad and it also utilizes cache ;)

Please have a look at this paper for more details:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dongz/papers/cuckooswitch.pdf

> with universal hash functions? I'm simply curious, maybe you have some sort
> of benchmarks.

Once someone implement a Hopscotch for DPDK, we could run some benchmarks... ;)
But sure, it would be great to have a faster hash implementation,
since DPDK is all about performance...

Andriy