[dpdk-dev] git trees organization

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Thu Sep 14 10:22:23 CEST 2017

14/09/2017 04:25, Stephen Hemminger:
> Bisecting a tree with lots of subtree merges is terrible. That is why Linus
> rebases and doesn't directly take linux-next

I agree, bisecting with subtree merges is not pleasant at all.
That's why I chose the rebase method until now.

Adrien mentioned some drawbacks with the rebase method.
Ferruh mentioned some drawbacks and some advantages of rebase.
Stephen mentioned another advantage of rebase.
Such decisions are really difficult.
One thing is sure: there will be always someone unhappy,
no matter the decision :)

When we want to take such decision or re-consider it,
we ask the techboard to vote...