[dpdk-dev] Dpdk ixgbe driver bug?

Sam batmanustc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:57:25 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I'm running ovs-dpdk using ixgbe driver with sriov mode. My topology is:
vf(ens16) and pf(eth0) is from netdevice 1; vf(ens161) and pf(eth1) is from
netdevice 2. Then linux kernel driver bond ens16 and ens161 into bond1,
ovs-dpdk bond eth0 and eth1 into dpdkb2 as ovs-dpdk port.

I found that, the ovs-dpdk running for about half month, the bond1 and
dpdkb2 port will block and no packets could pass through, then I have to
restart ovs-dpdk, then it's OK.

I think there is bug in ixgbe vf/pf driver, as I use standard ovs-dpdk, and
when bug happen, I could not capture packet on dond1 by tcpdump. And the
switch is OK, so the packet could only block or drop in ixgbe vf/pf driver.

How to fix this bug? Thank you~