[dpdk-dev] rte_panic SIGABRT core dump

shiva m anjaneya2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:29:01 CEST 2018

Hi,

Need help in avoiding core dump in case rte_eal_init() fails in some
special cases.

Part of my code causing rte_panic during system bootup and causes a core
dump. I do not want this core dump.

I tried catching SIGABRT in my application and did _exit() in my handler.
Still I see core dump file getting generated.

If I manually raise(SIGABRT) in my app, I do not see core dump. My SIGABRT
handler not working if SIGABRT raised by rte_eal_init() and it causes core
dump.

Can someone help in avoiding core dump in case rte_eal_init() cause
rte_panic.

Thanks,
Shiva