[dpdk-dev] [RFC v2] doc compression API for DPDK

Verma, Shally Shally.Verma at cavium.com
Thu Feb 15 06:53:29 CET 2018

[Shally] Then this is practically case possible on decompressor and decompressor doesn't regard flush flag. So in that case, I expect PMD to internally reset themselves (say in case of zlib going through cycle of deflateEnd and deflateInit or deflateReset) and return with status = SUCCESS with updated produced and consumed. Now in such case, if previous stream also has some footer followed by start of next stream, then I am not sure how PMD / lib can support that case. Have you had practically run of such use-case on zlib? If yes, how then such application handle it in your experience?
I can imagine for such input zlib would return with Z_FLUSH_END after 1st BFINAL is processed to the user. Then application doing deflateReset() or Init-End() cycle before starting with next. But if it starts with input that doesn't have valid zlib header, then likely it will throw an error.