[dpdk-dev] NXP's DPDK Roadmap for 18.05

Shreyansh Jain shreyansh.jain at nxp.com
Tue Feb 27 10:45:48 CET 2018

Following are some of the key work items which we are planning for DPDK
1805:

1. Two rawdevice drivers
- for communication interface to interact with a specialized block
(AIOP: Advanced I/O Processor) on dpaa2.
- and, for DMA accelerator support on dpaa2 devices to userspace

2. Crypto adapter for eventdev for dpaa1/dpaa2.
- This directly dependent on the crypto adapter base code [1] getting
finalized within the window.

3. Change to rte_eth_dev_info for supporting driver advertised burst
size as described in deprecation notice [2].
- this would enable applications to tune their bursts according to the
driver's preferred size, allowing a knob to tune into higher device
specific performance.

4. Meson support
- this includes dpaa1/dpaa2 components (bus/mempool/net/crypto/event)
- and for lib_rawdev

5. Integrating dpaa1/dpaa2 compilation into common_linuxapp
configuration to allow dpaa1/dpaa2 compilation as default objects along
with other PMDs.

6. A new ethernet driver for ENETC (using PCI bus) for NXP LS1028 SoC.

Various other trivial activities include:
-) Dynamic Logging for dpaa2 and some changes for dpaa1 as well for
cleaning up logs.
-) Device whitelist/blacklist support for dpaa1/dpaa2 devices. This is
dependent on the devargs work being done. [2]
-) Ethdev offload API support
-) coverity reported fixes

Flow director support for dpaa2 is also on the cards, but probably that
would be targeted only on best-effort basis.

===
[1] http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-February/090807.html - RFC for
crypto adapter for event devices
[2] http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-February/090157.html -
deprecation notice for burst size change

-
Shreyansh