[dpdk-dev] DPDK-pktgen not giving expected throughput

Shailja Pandey csz168117 at iitd.ac.in
Wed Jan 10 14:36:22 CET 2018

Hi,

We are performing experiments on Dell Poweredge R430 server, which is
based on Haswell architecture based xeon-2640 v3 processor. We have
attached XL 710 NIC(2x40 GbE) to the machine and expect 59 Mpps packet
generation per port. But pktgen is able to generate only 21 Mpps per
port and we are not sure about the problem.

We are using DPDK version 16.07 and DPDK-pktgen version 3.1.0. Is there
any way to generate packets from pktgen at 118 Mpps ?

Shailja