[dpdk-dev] Minutes of tech-board meeting 2017-12-20

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Sun Jan 14 12:57:37 CET 2018

Date: 20 Dec 2017

Attendees:

Bruce, Hemant, Konstantin, Olivier, Thomas, Yuanhan, Stephen

Topic: Licensing progress

* Discussion about the format of SPDX tag line. Should we choose "/*" or   "//" as used by kernel?

* We concluded to use "/*" for SPDX tag in first line. If any issue will come in future w.r.t kernel tools,  it will be a trivial change.

Topic: Technical Board Membership

* Jan has resigned.

* Bruce recommended Ferruh as new member of TB as he is also the co-maintainer of DPDK. Others suggested to checkout if we can get a person from distro side.

* Currently we are not seeing noticeable contributions from distro side. We need a person with knowledge of range of areas of DPDK and "seen as a leader" in the community.

* It was also discussed if we want to expand the size of Board.

* Finally, Ferruh (Intel) was elected as a new member of DPDK Technical Board.

Next Meeting:

* 2018-01-17 @ 3pm UTC      (Note: No TB meeting on 2018-01-03)

* Jerin to chair discussion